Basic Kneads provides catering throughout the Denver metro area and the Colorado mountains.
Our approach to catering is a bit different: nothing we serve is cooked in a remote kitchen and trucked over to your event. All our pizzas are cooked on-site, in our mobile wood-fired oven. When we serve a pizza, we have to warn people to be careful, they are bubbling hot, with steam filling the air above. We toss our salads right at your event, because fresh means delicious.
We have four mobile wood-fired ovens. All vehicles can go anywhere a car could park, but only the trailers venture into the mountains. We can cater indoor and outdoor events and have many options for salads, appetizers, and desserts. We always provide gluten free pizzas, vegetarian options, and can cook for vegans (or meat lovers!) upon request. Our outstanding pizza will impress even the most skeptical guests and you will always find our staff friendly, professional, and charming.
We offer upfront pricing to help in planning your event. Our prices are competitive and we welcome you to explore the many other wonderful options for catering in Colorado. We think you will find that Basic Kneads offers a great value along with a unique experience.
- Includes a dedicated catering manager to help in planning your special day
- Menu including Margherita, Pepperoni, and 3 specialty pizzas of your choice from our current menu. Choice of 1 salad type.
- Compostable paper plates, napkins, and forks provided
- Buffet-style service
- 4 hours of catering service:
- 1-1.5 hours of onsite prep and set up
- 1.5-2 hours of food service, including table busing during this time
- 0.5-1 hour of clean up, includes collection of plates, silverware, rubbish
- Minimum food cost: $1500
- Please note: All weddings will be charged at the rate listed here. These events require a higher level of service than your average backyard party, even if you are having a casual event. They require more event coordination, more preparation, and more staff to be done well.
- Level 1: Pizza Service Only $19/person
- Level 2: Pizza and Salad $23/person
- Level 3: Pizza, Salad, 1 Simple Appetizer $26/person
- Level 4: Pizza, Salad, 1 Special Appetizer $27/person
- Level 5: Pizza, Salad, 2 Simple, 1 Special $30/person
- We recommend salad for most events. It helps compliment the pizza and makes the guest’s plate feel more like a meal.
- Basically Balsamic – organic spring mix, fruit, and nut with goat cheese, served with our original balsamic dressing. Crowd-pleaser! #1 recommendation.
- Cheesy Caesar – organic chopped romaine, house kneaded croutons, shaved Parmesan, along with our original Caesar dressing
Simple Appetizers ($3/person when purchased separately)
- Flatbread, Hummus and Fresh Vegetable Plate
- Fresh Fruit and Cheese Plate with assorted cheeses, nuts, and dried fruit
- Cucumber Cream Cheese Rollups- a flour tortilla filled with pesto cream cheese, cucumber, red peppers, Parmesan, and spinach
Special Appetizers ($5/person when purchased separately)
- Crostini plate with 3 garnishes – french bread toast points served along side herbed cheese dip, tomato bruschetta, and olive tampenade
- Antipasto – cured meats, cheeses and flatbread with an assortment of pickled peppers, olives, garlic, and vegetables
- Caprese- fresh organic basil leaf wrapped around a cherry tomato and fresh mozzarella on a toothpick
- Your total cost will include the food cost, any additional options you choose, tax, travel, and tip.
- 15% gratuity included with all catering
- Tax is additional and charged at the local rate
- Mileage charge of $2.00 per mile round trip from 3500 Larimer Street, Denver, CO 80205. Less than 10 miles away, no charge
- A signed contract and 50% deposit will book your date
Let’s Talk! Please visit our Contact page. We will be happy to provide you with more information or help with booking your event!
Still looking for a venue? Check out our helpful Wedding Venues page for a location to host your big event!